Monday, April 26, 2010

Punkies

They are little tiny flies that hover around your head when you go outdoors in the Spring in NNY. They are also in Canadian woods and probably other areas.
A very hot day will kill them off, but until then, the populace suffers their onslaught. You see, they don't just "hover"; they bite. When the breeze is blowing, they don't seem to find lunch as easily. But, when the day is sunny, and springtime beckons, with all its beauty and freshness, a person can really get some bites. These bites bleed and itch. Outdoor little children of parents who are unprepared have blotches all over them, and when the blotches are itched, they can become infected and raise bigger problems. I don't think anyone ever died from punky bites, but they have been severely irritated.
I am hoping for a windy or a very hot day, so I can spread the mulch I purchased this morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment