Today is the anniversary of the adoption of the New York State Constitution, way back in 1777. It's changed some since then. Gotten longer, I'm sure.
But there is provision for a state militia. I'm not sure there is a state militia at present, and I'm quite sure the current NYS powers-that-be are not interested in activating one. But I've read that more and more states are considering their options in this regard.
2010 Elections should be interesting to follow. And to participate in. Please, all my US readers, make sure you are registered to vote. And then please exercise your privilege and duty. If you are a member of a political party, remember to vote in the primary in September, as well as the general election in November.
(Well, I didn't say I was leaving "politics as a blog subject" forever!)
And tomorrow I'm taking my signs to the local Tea Party event.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment