Saturday, April 17, 2010

April 17

Today is National Auctioneers Day. It's actually the third Saturday in April every year, rather than a date. But you get the idea. Did you ever think of honoring the auctioneers and their contribution to our economy? Neither did I. My husband goes to an auction every Saturday if he can find one the least bit interesting. Of course, he's looking for old, rusty, heavy things. My idea of an auction is one that has recliner chairs and bread machines. So we don't generally go to auctions together. Still, he brings all his "goodies" home. He and Henry usually stay till the very end, just so they can bid a dollar on the miscellaneous boxes. Hey, anything you can get for a dollar nowadays is probably good, right? And, I have to agree, some of the miscellaneous stuff is quite interesting. Maybe I'll enumerate some items from a typical box in another blog. Anyway, Happy Auctioneers' Day to you!

1 comment:

  1. It is always good when you find a reason to celebrate something that is, for the most part, obscure and rarely thought of. I look forward to the contents of some of the dollar boxes. Good post!

    ReplyDelete