Wednesday, April 7, 2010

First

I went to my first candidate-announcing-for-office event this morning. Can't say as I was particularly impressed, but I did know one person there. He, of course, is a politician...and I'm not in his district, so he didn't recognize me. I talked with a couple others, who were cordial enough until friends appeared. At least, I guess they were friends. They greeted each other effusively. I met one man who said he was there to see what was going on. He also hastened to assure me, at least twice, that he was there by invitation. He knows someone who knew his father who was in politics at the local level. He has a real estate business, and would consider running for office in the future, if his family were taken care of. I'm not sure how long that will be, but I'll be sure to remember him if I see his name on a ballot. Hey, I got a free sign for the announcing candidate. Maybe it will be good for stopping up a mouse hole or something.

2 comments:

  1. Oh what a murky world we enter when we first dip a toe into the pool of politics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm gonna try not to get besmirched!

    ReplyDelete