Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Thinking?

Someone suggested "thoughtfulness" as one of the virtues to be practiced.
As evidenced by this seminar schedule, I do believe that NNY912 supports "thinking".

Day One
9:00 - 11:30 A Thomas Jefferson Education Revisited
11:30 – 12:30 Colloquium – Comparing the Virginian to Pride and Prejudice
12:30 – 1:00 LUNCH
1:00 – 2:00 100 Childhood and Teen Classics
2:00 – 3:30 Shakespeare and The Bible
3:30 – 4:30 How to Read a Book
4:30 - 5:00 Q & A

Day Two
8:30 –12:30 Cycles of History: How the Past prepares us for the Future
12:30 – 1:00 LUNCH
1:00 – 2:00 Simulation
2:00 – 2:30 The Power of Simulation and the Debrief
2:30 – 2:45 Break
2:45 – 4:30 The Future of American Education: 8 Trends
4:30 - 5:00 Close

Now, if I attend, I will need to reacquaint myself with "Pride and Prejudice" and "The Virginian". How do they relate, I wonder. It's been a loong time since I've actually "thought"!
And Shakespeare and the Bible? What do they have in common besides "King James (or Elizabeth's) English"?
Whew! I'm tired before I begin.
And that's the problem with our present USA culture.

4 comments:

  1. OK, I borrowed the books at the library. They were in "the back", where the classics are. Hmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post - enjoy your thinking! It can be amazing where it leads you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lotta rust to be removed from the gears!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd be fascinated to learn "How To Read A Book"! Seriously.

    ReplyDelete