OK...Mother's Day was a few weeks back. My children did their usual sweet and wonderful things. Uncharacteristically, my husband got into the act.
He gave me a crudely-wrapped package (he's not the flowers and poetry type). As I opened it, I made some comment like, "I'm not your mother," but it was thoughtful of him to remember, right?
Inside the box was......well, you'll really get a kick out it......he's such a romantic and all......
Inside the box, all covered over with white tissue paper and such, was.....a stuffed pillow looking marvelously like a two-foot long rock bass, all brown and orange and with fins! It even has buggy eyes.
It is soft and wonderfully huggable.
I took it to church, that day being Sunday, and got lots of attention. I'm sure all the ladies were jealous. One little boy almost took it home, but I still have it.
And you thought Mother's Day was all about flowers and jewelry!
(And no, I'm not thinking this is a notice from the Mafia. Actually, it is another "auction" special!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment