Saturday, May 22, 2010

Corn

I know my followers don't want to hear this, so I'll be brief.
I planted 6 rows of Sugar Baby corn yesterday.
By hand.
And the rows are 84 feet long.
In a couple weeks, if the ground gets warmer, I'll plant some more.
That will be 70-day Polka corn.
And I'm sending the rest of the seed I bought to my brother in Virginia.
He's already planted his garden, but it was so dry the corn hasn't come up yet. Since there is a lot more room in our 1/6 acre of prepared ground, I will let friends plant their garden here if they want. Maybe they will inspire me to weed mine!.

1 comment:

  1. weed???? gee, ya mean you're 'sposed to WEED a garden? didn't know that - i never do and never need to. i guess that putting down a thick mulch of straw/hay between rows/hills and all around each plant pays off! 2 bales on my 10X22 foot garden and i didn't weed last year and don't plan on weeding this year. gotta luv it!

    ReplyDelete