Friday, May 14, 2010

LIttle Miracle

Baby Bryant Scott was born this morning by C-section about 3am. He was 25 weeks old, but he was having difficulties so it was decided to remove him from the womb. After his birth, he was airlifted to a hospital about 100 miles away. His mom is very sore...and emotionally spent, I would guess. She, of course, was not allowed to accompany him on his flight. I understand his paternal grandmother was able to get there to represent the family, even though I'm quite sure Bryant wouldn't recognize her. When he was born, he was weighed in at 2# 6 oz. After being at the new hospital for awhile, he was measured at 1#6oz. I doubt that the flight caused that drop in body weight, but I wouldn't want to accuse any one of mis-weighing the newborn. At any rate, he is said to be breathing on his own, which sounds like a definite miracle.
If you have any extra prayers, I'm sure Bryant and his family would appreciate them.

2 comments:

  1. omgosh, yes of course i have room for extra prayers and i'll certainly be praying for the well being of little Bryant and his family.

    I remeber when my twins were born like it was yesterday and they're now coming up to the big 50.

    At 3#9oz. and 3#11oz. they were so tiny they scared me. But they thrived and after a month were able to come home at about 5#'s each.
    Now-a-days the hospitals can handle the tiny size babies so much better.

    Please keep us posted Leem as Bryant grows big and strong and healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will do. Thanks for your interest, Lorraina.

    ReplyDelete