This probably could go without saying, but I'm gonna say it anyway.
Our friends touch our lives in many ways.
Well, duhh....
I can appreciate vicariously the busyness and anticipation of packing for a first-ever cruise.
I can visit an old friend and try and minister to her in a traumatic time of loss.
I can suffer the pain of recuperation from back surgery.
I can swell with love as the Air Force son visits before his next assignment which will ultimately take him to the Middle East.
I can learn to read a book, and wonder whether I ever really did that, in the way described by the speaker.
I can agonize with the Weight Watcher friend over a pound gained, and rejoice over a pound lost.
My many friends are at different places, and I appreciate their friendship and sharing of their lives.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I was just thinking the other day about the friends I have met but never met. Those extraordinary folks I have known only via chat, email and IM - some for as long as 13 and 14 years. I thought about the laughter, tears and friendship shared, of lessons taught and learned and I sat back and smiled. I am truly blessed!
ReplyDeleteYou really need to plan a "reunion" in your area!
ReplyDeleteIt's neat to meet these cyber-folks. They're pretty much as you've seen...only they eat a lot and laugh even more!