Sunday, September 27, 2009

GPS

Did I mention that we have a GPS? That's an ultra-modern electronic device that takes the place of the old-fashioned map or atlas. I think it gets its directional information from satellites or the stars or maybe Homeland Security. Anyway, it talks to us. It came with a female voice, but I didn't want my husband obeying any other female, so we changed it to a male voice. It sounds somewhat British, so we named him Nigel. Since we don't know anyone by that name, we don't have to get emotionally involved. Anyway, Nigel usually takes us to the place we type in. But once in a while....well, like today. We were looking for a church to attend. Nigel took us down one street, then inexplicably had us turn right, then left, then left again. You guessed it. We were back on the original street. Well, hubby wasn't too impressed with that. We never did get to church, although we passed several. We couldn't find a church with a driveway and parking lot that would handle our vehicle and trailer. A wise man said that the most important thing about problems is placing the blame. So, it's all Nigel's fault that we didn't go to church today. GPS. Guessing Properly Sometimes.

2 comments:

  1. Guiding people scenically, Nigel was stunned that he had failed in his mission. Commiserating with HAL at a local pub, he downed several pints of Guinness and began guiding people staggeringly. It did not work and now Nigel is recording his first CD - "Nigel Unplugged".

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL....I KNEW you'd come up with something clever, if I just gave you the opportunity!

    ReplyDelete