My six-year-old grandson celebrated Labor Day by swinging on a rope in the backyard and somehow falling, breaking two bones in his right wrist. He just has a splint and a sling, so must be his medical people feel he will heal nicely with that support.
My grandma, Nick's great-great-grandma Geneva, also broke her wrist. She was much older, and I'm not sure if it was her arm or her wrist. She had been out in the barn looking for hens' nests and eggs. I remember that they had to cut off her wide wedding band because her finger was swollen, so must be she broke her left appendage. I think she had a cast on it, but that was a long time ago.
When I was about three, my right leg just above the ankle was broken for me.
The story goes that I was showing a tiny kitten to a very large work horse. Neither of them appreciated the introduction, and the horse reared after being scratched on the nose, and came down on my leg. He was very selective, considering what he could have landed on! Thank you, Barney!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Broken bones were not a thing in our family...actually I always felt that all the men and some of the wimmen were so enibreated (spelling??) drunk most of the time they couldn't break any bones...oh well so much for family secreta LOLOL!!!!! our youngsters seem to heal much faster...hope the young feller does ok...and doesn't have much pain with it all!!! beautiful day here in KY...sunny and breezy....rain in the forecast but I will believe it when I see it falling LOL...otherwise all is well...still getting maters and cukes and okra and eggplant from the garden...wish we had more lettuce and onions...they were good while they lasted...have made some stewed tomatoes...will be good this winter...and now am going to try my hand at cooking eggplant...I will eat it but usually order it when out...as no one likes it but hubby and me !!! God Bless...hugs...from Ora in KY
ReplyDelete