Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Vinegar

I had left two baby watermelons on the counter for too long.
They leaked. The leakage came off the counter and dripped down the cabinets and on to the floor....as one would expect, knowing about gravity and all.
The next problem was cleaning up the mess.
"No Problem", you say? That's what I said too. Until I tried it.
It seems that fermented watrmelon juice does not respond to plain water.
Or to "Swiffer Wet Jet".
Or to Dawn dish detergent.
I've been over a week walking through it and sticking to the floor, with the attendant noises.
Finally, it occurred to me to try vinegar. That's good for window washing.
So, I tried straight vinegar and VOILA!
The stick was gone!
I finished up the rest with vinegar and water, and it appears to have handled the situation.
PTL!
Really didn't want to leave my kitchen for the next month and a half, probably growing fuzzy things as a result of the watermelon poisoning.
All is well....and I can continue to pack the motor home. :-)

4 comments:

  1. Way to go! However, had you used malt vinegar your kitchen would have taken on the wonderful aroma of Ye Olde Fish & Chips Shoppe in England! Sadly, this does not go well if you are serving pizza!

    PS - I have never seen Saw. See?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used cider vinegar since it coordinates with the apples we have in the dehydrator.
    Saw is the last film I would choose to see, although I did see Psycho. I wish I had not seen those shower scenes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Packing....motor home??? and just where are you off too....and glad you figured out the vinegar...if I had kept up with blogging like I should I could have told you...vinegar is the answer to everything LOLOL...or so I think...and about that "root canal"...by any name is not a good thing....daytime or evening LOLOL...hope it is all over and done with for you...hugs...Ora

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hoping there is nothing green and fuzzy growing in my kitchen during my absence.

    ReplyDelete