Sunday, January 18, 2009

"Freecycle"

Have you checked out your local "freecycle"? I did yesterday, and now am trying to collect single bed sheets and towels and shower curtains (with hooks) for returning single soldiers who live in the post barracks. Someone asked for these things, since the guys (and gals) can't collect their government issue the first day they get back from Iraq. Apparently the plan is for volunteers to collect said things, and then give them to the returnees. When they finish with them, they return to volunteers and then they get issued to some other needy soldiers. Sounds like a plan, and I have a few used-but-usable sheets, so I'll comply. I've already made a date to turn them over, next Monday. Another entry asked for yarn to make afghans and helmet liners and such for military people. I have extra yarn, too. Maybe this is one way to start spring cleaning?

No comments:

Post a Comment