I understand from TV and newspaper and facebook that being flooded out is even worse after the water has receded. Then comes the horrid job of "mucking out". If your first floor had had muddy water all the way up the wall, what would you have lost? What would you have saved? What would you need to replace, even if it does "work"?
I can't imagine (and I hope I never have personal experience) the hopeless feeling that you can't remedy the situation and it will be better to just start all over. Of course, when the insurance isn't there, or is allowing only so much, the depression would be even deeper.
Our state senator was, and is, taking donations for people in the flood-ravaged areas of our state. It seems so insignificant to give a package of clean socks and some Mr. Clean (with Febreze). But, I guess every gift is something a depressed person will not have to buy for himself.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment