My summer project is calling for more of me than I suspected.
But, it's challenging and all good.
I am preparing a Beginning Bible Curriculum for my home-schooled grandchildren.
I don't have an outline or a blueprint.
I'm just "doing it".
Well, actually, I'm working with Children's Bible Drill from the Southern Baptist discipleship curriculum as a basis.
I will have them learn the Books of the Bible in order.
They will practice with KJV Bibles that I provided in order to find the books.
They will learn 25 memory verses and references.
They will learn where to find 10 Bible Passages.
They will practice finding all these.
Of course, in order to complete 34 weeks of 4 days of 10-15 minutes a day, we'll need to do a lot of padding.
I started with a whirlwind tour of the whole Bible, giving them the opportunity to learn as they went. We mentioned brief highlights of all 66 books.
By the end of that time, they were to have learned all 66 in order and have been able to find each one as called in 10 seconds.
Of course, since this is a written curriculum, I have to depend on the teacher or another student to do the "calling". I'm sure that can be arranged.
Now we're concentrating on the memory verses, one each week, as well as the Key Passages. Since there are only ten of those, I intersperse them periodically. I have reviewed many Old Testament stories and miracles and teaching.
I'm finally up to the New Testament, so for the next 15 weeks I'll be emphasizing stories of Jesus and the early Christians.
Fun times!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment