Thursday, July 14, 2011

His story

Sunday I'm supposed to be reviewing the history of our church for our annual "Homecoming". I did this last year--and the year before. I guess they're trying to tell me I'm one of the elders. Actually, there are one or two older than I who remember from "the beginning", in 1961. My first attendance was in 1968, after the building had been built. It was the founding pastor's last Sunday before moving on, so the service was extended and rather emotional. I plan to emphasize the ministry to children and youth, since they are the future. The major problem that I see is that we educate our children, but when they graduate they move away for better jobs. So the church has to depend on others moving into the area. Oh, well. It's best to do what we know we should do and let God take care of the results!

No comments:

Post a Comment