Have you noticed how the years keep advancing (1989--1997--2005), but your mind and thought processes kinda stay the same? I put 2010 on my checks because it's the thing to do, but I really don't have an idea about a year of that name.
Anyway, I've been cleaning out a file cabinet. (I don't do closets or rooms or anything like that. Just a file cabinet.) Well, in this piece of gaudy furniture (it is orange and I got it at a rummage sale way long ago...probably even before 1989) were notebooks of various studies I have been acquainted with.
There is the whole BIG notebook of Bill Gothard's "Institute for Basic Youth Conflicts", along with many yearly updates. There are books and articles relating to clowning, as well as a pair of pants I obviously thought would be an addition to that activity. There are single Bible study books; a counseling notebook; my HIBA book from high school(!); my grandmother's diaries from 1935-1944. The only things I'm keeping are the diaries...THEY are family history!
So, who do I bless with this stuff? It's way too good and useful to throw away. I don't know if the Salvation Army would like it. I will ask around. If you feel the need, just let me know which and what. :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

In a past life i was into the art of altering books and wondered if this hobby is of any interest to you. The stuff you are giving away would make wonderful and valuable "art supplies" for anyone into this art.
ReplyDeleteI used to go the SA to buy stuff like that, of course the diaries would be a great find to an alterer but not in your lifetime eh!
Back in the day i bought old love letters and a Drs. scribbled notes and even old prescriptions, along with the usual vintage photos or post cards if not vintage the artist makes them look vintage.Its a fun pastime, just the collecting of stuff....come to think of it a little bit too much fun as now i have to get rid of a ton of said stuff! Oh well, just thought i'd mention it in case you need a new hobby, lol.