Did you know it takes 43 gallons of maple sap to make One Gallon of maple syrup?
Did you know that the real maple syrup has to be boiled down until that almost-water thickens to syrup, using wood or fuel oil as heat?
Did you know that "reverse osmosis" can speed up the process, but the machines to do so are very expensive?
Can you guess where I went yesterday?
Yes, a friend and I visited several maple operations, to learn and to sample.
And, of course, to support the local product.
Our only disappointment was not finding a "pancake and real syrup" breakfast to feed our hunger.
But we were able to purchase maple sugar and syrup and soap and chapstick.
Oh, and "local" pancake mix, so we can reproduce the breakfast event.
Hope your day was as fun and interesting!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

That sounds like something right up my alley...interesting and fun. I made Chinese glazed walnuts last night using maple syrup...yummm! Have a wonderful week!
ReplyDeletetootles,
bunny