Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Precipitation

We have seen quite a bit on this trip.
Of course, we started out where the snow was...pretty white flakes that cover all the dry grass and leafless trees.
Then we went to rain. That's what Spring is all about, and it brings the lovely flowers. And we have seen some beautiful ones!
The first hail we experienced in Alabama was what I had seen before. It covered the ground like snow, but it melted quite quickly, and all was well.
The HAIL we lived through the next Sunday afternoon was Nothing like hail. The pieces were not round; they were pointed and square or rectangular. They sounded like baseballs on the top of the motorhome. And they were damaging to many man-made items, like motorhomes and cars and car trailers. Many people found dents of varying sizes in the tops of their vehicles, not to mention holes in their awnings and air conditioner covers. That HAIL gave Tiffin workers a lot more work!
Now we are in Oklahoma and seeing thunder storms and heavy rain. I guess it's important for the local agriculture, but it seems a bit much for travelers passing through.

2 comments:

  1. it is raining here today...the grass is about a foot high...I am getting wrinkles from all the dampness...and I am NOT a happy camper...!!! otherwise all is well here in KY...soggy but ok...safe travels to ya both...hugs...Ora

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get a sheep...be ready for Christmas festival!

    ReplyDelete