Thursday, May 28, 2009

Or....

...Maybe it's an Indian name, and that's the reason I can't get my brain around it. We saw many Native American names along the highway approaching this town. One of them is the only place I remember seeing double i's. Of course, I can't spell this one, either. And it's not on my atlas. It starts with "Ho", with an accent on the "o". Then it has in it some "j's" and some "i's"...and maybe a couple other letters. If I ever find it, I'll let you know.
Anyway, I couldn't sleep, fearing I had misspelled the name of the place at which I find myself tonight. So, arising from cozy bed, I stumbled to the computer and the atlas, feeling duty-bound to let my readers know of my downfall.
The name of this city is spelled "A-L-B-U-Q-U-E-R-Q-U-E". It's in New Mexico.

1 comment:

  1. I knew where you were...even before you explained it all to me...and so sorry it disturbed your rest...LOL..and tell me...do you ever drive the RV...or is that Ray's expertise??? just wondering..be safe...hugs Ora

    ReplyDelete