Sunday, December 26, 2010

OCD?

You know those folks who can't stand to see pencils lying every-which-way, when they "should" be lying straight and side by side? The ones who will clean every fingerprint off a mirror or doorknob? The ones who can't eat their parsnips if the gravy is touching them?

Well, my hangup is ..... the wise men at the stable.
It really irritates my sense of order and rightness when I see those guys kneeling down in the cow plop or sheep poop. They don't belong there. And they weren't there.

I know, I know. It makes the idea of presents for Christmas more understandable.

But anyone who has read Matthew 2 can see that the wise men/magi didn't get to see the baby Jesus until he was a "young child" in a "house". Because of what the king did after they stopped in at his place in Jerusalem, we presume Jesus might have been at least a year old, and possibly closer to two.

So, when you send Christmas cards, please pick out ones that do NOT show the wise men at the stable!

I know I'm fighting against centuries of "pretty thoughts" and "way it should be", but the WISE MEN ARE NOT AT THE STABLE!

Let's spread the word. Just like the proper usage of "it's", "its", "your", and "you're". When you know it, flaunt it.

Well, we can try.

1 comment: