Funny, isn't it? Most of the oldsters who left our local care facility have since died.
I know. No one can say that was the reason; old folks die all the time.
But I'm convinced that the care they got here...as if they were all "family"...contributed to their long life.
The care they got at the receiving facilities was, at best, "adequate".
And, if no one visited them regularly, their care was minimal.
My friend passed away yesterday.
The last three times I had visited her, I felt she was being drugged. I had seen some of that in my mother's case, several years ago. It's not pretty. But, it does guarantee that the recipient is "quiet".
When you're so busy keeping things in order, I'm guessing that can be a good reason for using medication.
Sad.
But now she's in a much happier place, for all eternity.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

end of an era
ReplyDelete