Or is it Hebrew? Immanuel. God with us.
Emmanuel. God with us.
Jesus. Savior.
Christ. Messiah.
All of these we celebrate tonight. We're pretty sure it's not the historic date of His coming, but we need a time. And this is the one we use.
I have a friend on facebook who was enlightening for me the dates and why this one (December 25) is wrong. Her reasoning came from biblical information. I thanked her for her theories. I think she took some issue with that. And her reasoning is probably close to correct. It's just not "written in the Word", so I have to take it with a grain or two of salt.
There is enough written down for us to celebrate. The miraculous occurred; there was no magic involved.
God is With US!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Immanuel or Emmanuel or Imanu'el "God [is] with us" consists of two Hebrew words:’El, meaning 'God' and Imanu meaning 'with us'.
ReplyDelete:)
Thank you, Stan. Merry CHRISTmas!
ReplyDelete