It really wasn't a boring week. Just lots of different activities and emotions. Daughter and dog visited Thursday-Friday. We had a chance to stop and see one of her high school friends and 3 sons. They are a busy family, but seem happy.
I received word of the death of a long-time church friend. I had visited her twice at the hospital, and I'm really glad I took the opportunity to do so. Her condition didn't appear that serious, but she had told her doctor, "Make me better or euthanize me!" I don't think he did that, but apparently God had decided it was time for her to come home. Her memorial service will be this Tuesday.
I had the job of telling another friend in the nursing home about her death. I was somewhat worried about doing that, but she was resigned. I guess when you get to be over 80, "surprise" is not an option about a friend's death. I remember my grandmother and later my dad both said, "All my friends are gone and I'm the only one left here."
I also spent some time trying to arrange openings for musical friends who were planning to be in the area. Thank goodness I couldn't do so, since they never got here. The people in the area they were serving wanted them to stay and help work out some problems.
I attended a ladies' mission meeting yesterday, at which a husband and wife team reported on the maternity home they manage. It's a Christian option to abortion, and the mothers and babies are allowed to stay for a year after the child's birth. During the time there, the ladies learn housekeeping, parenting, personal finance, etc. I found their report interesting. They work in unision with the local Care Net organization.
Last night we tried out a new cafe with another couple who wanted to treat us because my husband had spent several hours finding an item for them out in a hay field!
And on that note of mystery, I will close this post.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment