Monday, September 20, 2010

But....

He bumped his big sister with his shoulder as they grazed on the sweet grass.
"Why? Why did Mom make us run to the woods and leave those juicy apples? Why?"
She looked at him contemptuously from her yearling height.
"Didn't you see the Two Legs? Don't you remember you are to RUN whenever you see one of those?"
She tossed her head and lowered it to munch once more on the vegetation.
He hit her shoulder with his head. "No, I didn't see anything like that."
"Well, you'd better be learning this stuff. Mom has been telling you every since you were born."
"Why do we run from Two Legs?"
Her eyes got big and round.
"Because sometimes Two Legs have noisy sticks and they hurt us. You are such a baby....don't you remember anything?"
"Well, I've heard about that...but I never saw it. I just ran because Mom gave the signal. I wasn't scared. I'm not scared of anything."
He reached up into the tree and chose a few delectable leaves.
"Did that Two Legs have a noisy stick? Huh? Did it?"
"I'm not sure, but you have to obey the signal. It's how you can stay alive."
They lowered their heads and got back the the important business of feeding themselves.

1 comment:

  1. to be honest Lee...getting rid of them was our major concern LOL...and I am sure the "bee" world will continue to exist without the bunch, herd, gaggle, mess we had LOLOL....if they had been in any other place we might have considered different action...but not where they were...not a good thing...and anyway..when you call for services of anyone...it usually end up costing quite a bit!!!! LOL....

    ReplyDelete