Monday, December 21, 2009

Comfortable

The "good feelings" of Christmas are, for me, "comfortable". No trying to impress anyone. Just being together with family, eating, opening gifts, playing games, enjoying each other.
That being said, we have had our official "Christmas". Daughter and son-in-law and two grand-dogs came over the weekend. We did all of the above activities, as well as attending the church cantata and tapering off by consuming Jreck subs. Husband and sil also got to shoot some guns, while daughter and I discussed my mom's wedding rings and what I might like to do with them.
On the 25th, we will host a Christmas dinner for some "not relatives" folks from church and the community. I'm hoping it will be almost as fun, just different.
To all you readers (and there are thousands, I'm sure), Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

3 comments:

  1. This time of year is, to me, all about the gift of freindship shared throughout the year. Your freindship is a gift well appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will have a wonderful time giving & sharing with your church folks ... it isn't the day, it is the time & the reason.

    Merry Christmas ~
    TTFN ~ Marydon
    **follow/read us on our new blog ~
    blushingrosetoo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a wonderful Christmas time...for everyone!!! love and hugs....Ora and Mixon in KY

    ReplyDelete