Patriot's Reading List:
The Constitution of the United States
The Bill of Rights
The 5000 Year Leap
The American Classic Series:
The Real George Washington
The Real Thomas Jefferson
The Real Benjamin Franklin
Common Sense by Glenn Beck
Liberal Fascism by Jonah Goldberg
American Progressivism by Ronald J. Pestritto
The Forgotten Man by Amity Shlaes
Liberty and Tyranny by Mark Levin
I got half-way through the 5000 Year Leap while we were in San Antonio. It's not a novel, for sure! I need to remember to get my own copy. I would recommend it to anyone who has gotten fuzzy on the beginnings of our country. It deals with the ideals, rather than the history. And that seems to be what our people in Washington need to be reminded of, so we need to have a good grasp of all this in order to be "reminders".
Let me know if you read any of these...or have already read them. There is no excuse for being an ignorant citizen!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

sorry I haven't read any of these...don't know about hubby....but I think I know enough about how our country started and has been working these past years to handle my own!!!! LOL...hugs to ya...
ReplyDelete