Ladies I mentioned yesterday need more than a mention. Verla has worked hard all her life. Her husband passed away over 20 years ago. Her two daughters and a son take good care of her, from afar. She still lives in her farm home alone; son next door with his wife and family of, I think, 3 boys. She works for a family who is in the area in the summer; several days a week she cleans. I think now she is the "head cleaner", so she directs others in what to do. But she obviously still keeps her hand in. A strong Christian, she is stone deaf, but never misses church and Sunday School. Her faith is unwavering.
Ruth buried two husbands and never had any children of her own. She was a nurse. Her sister had 12 kids, so Auntie Ruth got to help take care of them and still reap the rewards of a quiet house at bedtime. She had a large garden and canned and froze most anything even remotely edible. And when she served it, it definitely was edible. She's in a nursing facility now, but was able to be at the church anniversary service and receive her "memory book". I'm sure she will enjoy it, as Verla will hers.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment