Monday, July 20, 2009
40 Years
Our church is officially 40 years old now, although the actual signing wasn't until September. I was present, but not a member, so I beleive I remember spending the time for "business meeting" out on the schoolgrounds next door with a friend and small child. We discussed whether becoming a "church", as opposed to a "chapel" was a good thing. We were concerned about the small "family" feel. I don't think we're that much bigger today...just different people. So our fears were not realized. Yesterday we honored two ladies whose signatures were on the constituting document. They are both reasonably well, although one now resides in a nursing facility. The other still does housework in the summer time. She helped clean the church Saturday, and confided to me yesterday that if I needed help cleaning the church "I have Saturdays off"! They don't make them like they used to!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment