This has never been a special day to me. Our Canadian friends, and others in the Commonwealth, apparently have more use for it. It is a bank holiday there every December 26th. In the United States, it is just "the day after Christmas". This year, the banks were closed, but it was only to give the financial institutions a longer holiday, since Christmas was on Sunday.
I read in Wikkipedia that this day was celebrated more in earlier days than now. Apparently it has been the custom to give gifts to those who deliver goods to businesses. In England, it was the day when the wealthy gave gifts to their servants.
For me, today was the only day in the year when I could have pecan pie for breakfast. I've just started this tradition, but I think it's a good one!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment