Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Blast from the Past

In looking through a very dusty box of cassette tapes, I found one that I had prepared with my children to send to their grandparents for Valentine's Day, 1982! I had sent it to Grandpa and Grandma at their winter home in Florida. Obviously, they had brought it home. When I was packing up Mom's "stuff" after she passed in 2006, I brought it home. Homemade tapes are sometimes fragile, but I couldn't just throw it away. At the time, my son was 8 or 9 and his sister was 3. We talked about making popcorn, read "Green Eggs and Ham", listened to the kids play music (recorder?) and sing "Mary Had a Little Lamb", discussed brother's misfortunes of stepping on tacks two mornings in a row, etc. etc. I don't know if my parents were impressed, but it's sure brought back memories for this Mommy!

No comments:

Post a Comment