Monday, November 15, 2010

TheTopic

Are you tiring of hearing about applesauce?
Just one more blog. I have a container of applesauce picked out and ready to go.
Also an applesauce cake. Today is my big day in TheCity.
I am taking applesauce to my friend of the previous blog, as well as some of the cake. She told me she used to make applesauce cake, so we need to see if it is anything like hers and can evoke memories.
After we chat for a while, I will be going to a book study with several 912 friends. We are reading "The Roots of American Order" by Russell Kirk. It is a very long book, with lots of historical and philosophical references. I'm not too bad with the history, but philosophy has never been my forte. I think I understand one idea, then I'm presented with another one and am back to square one.
Hopefully I'll get a little more insight into the roots of our American governmental order.
Looks like a lovely day for such adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment