Going to "meet and greets" is fun, if you're otherwise unemployed and can spare the time and travel. You get to see who else is in the same mindset. Most of us are not "supporting" the candidate as yet; we're just seeing what he/she has to offer as far as ideas.
Yesterday I went to meet Jay Townsend, a Conservative candidate for US Senate. Taking Chuck Schumer's place would be a daunting task, but for some of us, it's a necessary event. Chuck has been around too long; he's practically a barnacle on the ship of state. So, he's said "yes" to most all of the current administration's ideas....for over 20 years!
I'm not sure Jay is the one to replace him, but at least I've met the fellow up close and personal. When I asked "income tax, flat tax, fair tax?", he allowed as how he needs to study up on that. Well, yeah, I think he needs to!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment