Tuesday, August 24, 2010

annual gut-wrench

This time of the year gives me the feeeling of trying to hold on to something infinitely beautiful and desirable, with no success.
Summer is ending; autumn and its responsibilities looms before me.
The weather has just turned liveable, with pleasant days and cool nights.
The garden is being harvested and stored.
And....it's school time again.
I spent 26 years in school myself, plus the years of my children.
While they were beneficial and educational, they were also grindingly required.
There was a schedule and an expectation of activity.
As I mentioned the other day, this time of year I have an impending sense of doom in the depth of my being!
Maybe this is why, in our retirement, we chose this time of year to head out and live a life of unfettered movement and relaxation, free as the wind that mumurs in the trees.
Hurray for changes of seasons!

No comments:

Post a Comment