Tuesday, February 23, 2010

NOT the Solution

I know I've dealt with this subject before, but.....
It's come up again.
This time it is a young man in his thirties with children and a 73-year-old mother who has decided the only recourse for his problems is to shoot himself.
His funeral was today.
His estranged wife didn't let the children go to the funeral.
Maybe that was a wise decision.
I hope it wasn't just being petty.

These folks don't live near me, and I never even heard of them before the anguished request on "Facebook" to "Pray for the ____ family."
So, I will.
Not only the blood family, but the church family, which is also devastated.
Hard to think that good can come from such a tragic event.
But, we know God IS in control.
It's good we don't have to understand in order to believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment