Tuesday, November 24, 2009

"Batteries Not Included"

Am I an old fogey for thinking kids can play with toys that don't need batteries and TV screens to function? I know, it's "old fashioned", but I think baseballs and soccer balls and tops and little red wagons and hosts of other items (even Monopoly and Yahtzee) are still fun to use and require more imagination and ingenuity. Of course, I may be wrong. Let me know.

2 comments:

  1. Ahhh! I remember back in my youth, my aunt always gave me books. She always wrote something personal on the title page that incorporated the title - "May you always enjoy "The Splendor Of The Sky", for example.

    One of the best gifts I got Scrabble - it taught me a lot.

    To this day I always give my grandkids books that will capture their immagination in the same way mine was caught so many times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. nope not wrong at all....im a lil slow...LOL

    ReplyDelete