Tuesday, November 3, 2009

"Billy The Kid"

In New Mexico, I got a book called "The Modern Daf Billy 'The Kid'". It's by William Bilderback, and it's for kids. I asked the author why he wrote the book, and he said, "Well, I have grandchildren" I think that's a pretty good reason. The sub-title is "The 10-10-10 Lesson". It gives the author's philosophy of money and how it should be treated. The story deals with Billy and how his grandfather advises him to use his money, by putting 10% in long-term savings, 10% in savings for a particular goal, and 10% to be given away. I remember when I was a child, my mother tried to instill similar practices in me. She even supplied different envelopes in which I could appportion my $1-a-week allowance. (Yes, that was a loong time ago!) I still make sure to do the 10% giveaway,usually to my church, but also to other organizations or causes. After all, it's biblical. Malachi 3:10

1 comment: