We became fogged in while going through Amarillo, so opted to stop at the truck stop on the right. This is immediately off I-40W, so if you're driving there, you can't miss it.
On most of the trucks in the lot, and on the travel center, were inscribed, in LARGE type, "Jesus Christ is Lord......not a swear word". I was intrigued by the obvious witness, so later looked it up online.
Apparently it was founded by a fellow who works in San Diego and got sick of hearing all the swearing around him. Since he had the funds, he started this trucking company. It really irritated a number of his customers, to the point that he lost the business of several. This didn't bother Sam; he just took on other customers.
If you have a chance, look it up. jesuschristislordtravelcenter.com
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Ah I remember Amarillo from my Air Force days. They used to tell us that if we walked away AWOL they would still see4 us on the horizon 3 days later. And I remember walking and marching though snow drifts with sand and dust blowing in my face. I'll stick with CT!
ReplyDeleteWell, the other night it was fog....but it was gone by morning.
ReplyDelete