Thursday, January 13, 2011

Rise Up!

Since it is a "new year" and resolutions are expected, here's the way I'm dealing with that.

I have been going to NRB TV at 9am most weekday mornings. There smiles Jennifer Brindley, the energetic hostess for the "Rise Up Ministry" half hour show. She says she lost 80 pounds. I haven't read her story yet, but she looks like she's always been this size. Probably 10 or 12. At least there's no flesh hanging on her extremities, so she must have done some work before getting on this show.

She greets us in action. "March it out", she says. So, we do.
Then, we go into verious other planned movements that stretch our lazy muscles as she gives us Bible verses and other inspirations to keep at it.
"Go at your own pace"....but "Sitting down is not an option".

I appreciate the fact that she doesn't get into any really athletic activity; it's mostly all cardio and stretching. I'm hoping that as I continue to "rise up", it will get easier to complete the half hour.

About 3/4 of the way through, she leaves us for about a minute so we can get some water. How thoughtful! She also warns us that when we come back, she will meet us on the floor for stomach exercise. This gives us time to manage a sip of water and whatever contortions we need to do to meet her on the floor.
Good thing we don't have cameras in our living rooms. That would not be pretty!

So, this is how my "new year" is progressing. She has said several times that it takes 6 to 8 weeks for us to see any difference. I'm not sure what differences we should be looking for, but I'll let you know.

IF I continue for those weeks, and IF there are any differences!

No comments:

Post a Comment