My 98-year-old aunt passed to glory yesterday. My dad would have been 99 this month. Just think of all that has happened in the world since they were born!
From kerosene lanterns to all kinds of electric; horse and buggy to unmanned spy planes; meat and potatoes to Spam and Pringles; hellfire and brimstone to tolerance and "all ways lead to God". Just as in the times of the Israelites, there is always a remnant who lives for and believes in the One True God. Lord, let me be one of them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Well said! I sometimes lauy awake at night and occasionally think of all that I have been alive to see. It really is amazing, although I must admit that Spam and Pringles have never lept into my mind. When I hit the sack tonight I'd better bring a snack! I think I know where my my mind will be wandering!
ReplyDeleteAnd, more seriously, Amen on the "evolution" of our views of God - scary! Take a look at Jeremiah 6:16-17
"Thus saith the LORD, Stand ye in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls. But they said, We will not walk therein. Also I set watchmen over you, saying, Hearken to the sound of the trumpet. But they said, We will not hearken."
ReplyDelete