Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Museum

We went to the Red Bay Museum yesterday. We learned that the town has existed only since the railroad came in the early 1900's. It was named for the color of the dirt and the bay trees. They had a school room, a church room, a bank room, a hotel room, a doctor office room, a kitchen room...you get the idea. All sorts of items from earlier days. The most specific historical items were dresses and other memorabilia from Tammy Wynette, who was from this area. I am wearing my "Dirt Shirt", which was "dyed with 100% genuine Alabama dirt". It is about the color of this ink.

2 comments:

  1. Hey...that shirt sounds neat LOL...and I enjoy looking at the "old time" stuff....some of it makes me happy to be here in my part of time LOL...have fun....hugs to ya...Ora

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's quite a neat shirt...and the museum was "something to do"....

    ReplyDelete